November 30, 2011

It's been awhile

I guess its been more than a little while......I kind of go through cycles with this blog.  I am really going to try to stay consistant...we will see.

I want this to be more of an outlet for me to say what's on my mind and what I am going through at this moment.  I try to be "real" and "transparent" in my daily life.  But those are words that are so over-used and is anyone ever that real?  Does anyone really want to know people's "real" actions, thoughts, or feelings?  Maybe that is just TOO MUCH INFORMATION haha.

Well I will be as real as I can and see where that takes me!


Trying to finish off a Christmas gift at the moment.  In June I had the great idea of making a blanket for each of my kids for Christmas.  Great idea, maybe I should have thought about it in January instead of June!!!

I have been crocheting NON STOP now for 5 months!  Don't get me wrong - I do love it...but under a time constraint it does get a little bit panicky sometimes!!!  But I am on the last blanket and its ALMOST done!  Yayayayaya!  I am just on the border - it's the home stretch!

I will post pictures of each of the blankets at some point - but here is a picture of the one I am finishing up now.  Its called "BullsEye".  It is in my son's favorite colours and I love the pattern and the colour combination.  I have to say I am not thrilled about how I joined the blocks.  They are raised slightly from the Slip Stitch Join that I did.  Next time I will try a Slip Stitch, Chain 1 join. I still love it though and I know my little guy will love it too!!



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. A blanket for each child? That is amazing! And you did it! Woot!
    Looks great! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drr... that was me... but hit "enter" before I got all my info in.

    But since I have another chance to post a comment, I wanted to say that I love how you framed your motivation for your blog. It's for you, first, but if it can be used to help someone else on their journey, you are happy about that too.

    I like the way you think. :)

    ReplyDelete