A Mother's Resolutions
December 28, 2008
A Mother's Resolutions
December 10, 2008
There is a Mommy Owl and a baby Owl. The baby owl fits into the pouch on the tummy of the mommy! So Australian (kangaroos!) :) Leah made the whole thing from recycled materials which is so inventive! She also included a pretty handerchief and some yummy Australian tea!
Thank you again Leah for the great package!
Since our family has moved here to the Calgary area - I have noticed that we have the most AMAZING sunrises and sunsets! I am a sucker for beautiful skies and keep taking a million pictures almost every day! Here is one taken about 2 weeks ago from my front yard! I love it and love that I captured the birds flying by!
December 9, 2008
December 3, 2008
to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly;
to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart;
to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never.
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony.
"My Symphony" by William Henry Channing
December 2, 2008
December 1, 2008
She included some Amy Butler fabric called 'Brown/lacework' from the Lotus line. I LOVE it! I can't wait to use it in a project!
I had mentioned on my Swap-Bot profile that I really like Maeuve Binchy books, so bluemerleboutique sent me this book (sorry that its sideways) written by Penny Vincenzie. Supposedly her writing style is similar to Maeuve Binchy's! I can't wait to start it!
November 28, 2008
I stumbled on this mom's blog today. She has two young boys and still finds the time to design and make her own hand stamped silver jewellry! I absolutely LOVE her designs - I would say my favorite is 'Sentimental' but they are all beautiful!
She is having a giveaway until tomorrow for her "Joy" Christmas necklace! So head over to Simply Me and sign up!
November 26, 2008
**If you need to learn to tie a bow more complicated than the one you tie on your shoe visit here.
** This idea is so cute and such a GREAT way to recycle all those extra grocery store bags!
**Of course Martha always has good ideas and I really like this one in particular!
**If you can't find that perfect patterned paper that you want for Martha's tags above - check these out - just print the one(s) you like and voila!
**Here is a link to a huge list of ideas! Check it out!
I hope this helps you get started on your wrapping and getting those gifts ready and under the tree!
November 22, 2008
I am a part of the 'Ogling Owlies' swap on Swap-Bot. For this Swap you need to make one handmade Owl using your choice of materials. I did a little research and decided to do my little owl in felt! I LOVE the way he came out! I have decided to do these owls for another swap I am in - The Handmade Christmas Ornament Swap. I will need to make 10 to send off and in return I will receive 10 different ornaments from around the world! So fun!
November 17, 2008
"It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear . . . . It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to."
- Marilyn Ferguson -
November 14, 2008
2. Age: 33
3. Single or Taken: Taken by a hot cop!
4. Favorite place to hang out: At home with my family.
5. Favorite pet/animal: Toby, my 1st dog who was my best friend, I miss him everday . Although I do love my dog now - Jasper!
6. Favorite Band/Artist: Nicole Nordeman Her music is so intelligent and inspiring. It is not fluff!
7. Favorite Movie: Anne of Green Gables. I know it word for word! Don't you ever wonder what Raspberry Cordial tastes like?
8. Tattoos and/or Piercings: Yes, I have piercing in my ears (1 in each!) and a flower vine tattoo on the top of my foot (near my toes). I got this tatoo at a 'girls getaway' in Kelowna with my girlfriend Mandy! We both got the same one - I don't regret it at all, it was really fun and was a good bonding experience!
HERE COMES THE FUN ... ... ...
9. Whats your philosophy on life: Celebrate the little things in life!
10. Tell me one odd/intresting fact about you: When I was in Grade 8, my best friend was Tammi I. She had this red sweatshirt that every time I went to her house I would wear - inside out. I LOVED this sweatshirt so much - it made me so happy for some reason. Well after about 1 year of borrowing it every time I was over - she said 'you can have it'. That was 20 years ago now - and I still have that sweatshirt! I wear it AT LEAST once a week with my Pj's! I still LOVE it and it still makes me happy! Thanks Tam!
11. What is the craziest thing you've ever done: Wow, I'll just say husband.....porta-potty.....Canada Day Celebration......
12. Ever been arrested/ gone to jail: Nope, but I go 'behind the scenes' all the time now!
13. Do you think I'm attractive: I think you are beautiful (inside and out)!
14. If you could change anything about me, what would it be: Your insecurities.
15. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be: I read too much into things and it affects my relationships sometimes!
16. What do you wear to sleep: My husband...Ha Ha! No seriously I usually wear a t-shirt and flannel pj bottoms (sometimes with my fav red sweatshirt (still inside out) - see above) !
17. What is your favorite thing to do in the world: Besides being with my family, I would say travelling!
18. Would you go on a date with me if i asked you: For sure (I should ask Jamie 1st though!)
19. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together: We would meet up for coffee, have a good long chat, head to the states to go shopping, and then end the night at the movies watching 'Knocked Up' and killing ourselves laughing until we pee our pants!
I participated in my 1st swap a couple of days ago. I had so much fun! The rules were you had to purchase one roll of ribbon and 3 matching buttons! I decided to go with a Christmas theme so that my partner could use them during this season! My partner lives in Oregon and I can't wait to receive my goodies in the mail! Here's what I sent out:
The middle one is hard to see - it is a long-legged reindeer with a wreath around his neck! Too cute! I hope my partner enjoys them! I will post my parcel or goodies when it arrives!
November 10, 2008
I have entered 4 swaps and I think I am limiting myself to those 4 for Nov and Dec. If I join anymore I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
2 of the swaps are for new Christmas ornaments that you purchase and then mail to your assigned partner. 1 of the swaps is for a handmade 'Dotee Doll'. The other swap is for a handmade Christmas ornament - this one you have 8-10 partners that you have to make an ornament for - which means you receive 8-10 ornaments! I am SOOO excited!
I have been thinking about what to make for the handmade swap and I have narrowed it down to 2. I will let you know when I have decided!
Here are a couple of links that I have found that hooks you up to all different swaps - so check them out - and if you create one yourself - don't forget to invite me!
Swap Bot & Swap Dex
November 9, 2008
I had a great day going out for the day with my kids and then coming home to watch a movie with them. We watched "Kit Kitteredge - An American Girl" which was really sweet, even my 9 year old son thought it was great! I have the best kids ever. They are so thoughtful and wanted to make my day as special as it possibly could be!
started making her a blanket when she was born! Unfortunately my life has been full of craziness the last couple of years and knitting a blanket has been something I have not been able to focus on. But of course my sister (Charlotte's Mommy) is wondering where this 'baby blanket' is! So now that Charlotte is not a baby any more - I have decided to make her an afghan instead. I have found a pattern that I like that is pretty classic. What do you think of it?
November 7, 2008
November 4, 2008
My husband is now a part of the RCMP and we have been relocated to a smaller community in Southern Alberta. We had to leave behind all the people we knew and love and start fresh here. I will not say that it has been easy, it has definately been a challenge.
I have learned a lot about myself, about my family and about life. God sometimes allows things in your life to help you grow and to see things clearer. All I know is that our family has never been stronger and closer and I am discovering my true self. I am allowing myself to pursue hidden passions and dreams and it makes me really excited about the future.
So with this fresh start and outlook comes this new blog. I have called it "White Way to Light". Any Anne of Green Gables fans out there know this phrase well. It is my most favorite part of that movie and it symbolizes hope, passions and dreams to me.
I hope you will join me in this new discovery of myself and delve deep into the lost passions of my soul!